Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day. I love my mom so much and I am very grateful for all that she does for me and my family. My mom has to deal with 4 kids in school; making lunches, taking and picking up from school, helping with homework....She also has to make dinner, clean, and put the little ones to bed. It has to be very tiring and I am so grateful for her for everything she does to make my life better.
I think being a mother can be the best job in the entire world but also one of the hardest. You have to deal with winy little kids who don't listen. AND they have to deal with us crabby teenagers...never wanting to do what they tell us because we think we're "all that". I give props to all the moms!

 There are so many wonderful quotes I have heard about mother's, but here are two that are my favorites:

" My dear sisters, do not pray for tasks equal to your abilities, but pray for abilities equal to your tasks. Then the performance of your tasks will be no miracle, but you will be the miracle."
You never know what a girl is worth,
You’ll have to wait and see;
But every woman in a noble place,
A girl once used to be.
       -President Thomas S. Monson

"Young women, your mothers adore you. They see in you the promise of future generations. Everything you accomplish, every challenge you overcome brings them pure joy. And likewise..."
       - M. Russel Ballard

I really like the quote above by M. Russel Ballard. It reminds me that everything I do, all I say, all my actions, my mom will know about them. She will be proud of me when I get a 4.0, or when I get my YW recognition hood medalion (hopefully soon). I need to try my hardest in all that I do for I represent my mom, my family in all that I do. 

Mom, I love you so much! Thanks for everything! And thank you to both my grandma's and all my aunts. I love you all so much!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! <3

1 comment: